Two of my absolute favorite non-vegan desserts used to be tiramisu and berry ice cream, so for today’s superfood berry coffee cake parfait recipe, I thought I’d use these two as inspiration. For this recipe, I partnered with REBBL, one of my favorite companies to work with. Not only do they support a non-profit with every single sale, they were actually founded by one, an organization called Not For Sale. Not For Sale works to eradicate human trafficking and help to rehabilitate those who’ve been affected by the trafficking. REBBL only uses high quality ingredients and makes coconut milk based elixirs that are incredibly tasty and nutritious. The elixir I used for this recipe is their Maca Cold Brew. Maca is high in a lot of micronutrients like B vitamins, calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper and zinc.
- 1 bottle of REBBL Maca Cold Brew
- 1 vegan sponge cake crust (or make your own, see below)
- 1 can full fat coconut cream (if you use a can of coconut milk, remove the liquid and only use the cream part)
- 1 cup cashews, soaked
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup strawberries
- ⅓ cup frozen cranberries (or raspberries)
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 sliced strawberries to top
- 4 dessert glasses
- Use a large cookie cutter or one of the dessert glasses to cut the cake crust into 8 circles the size of the dessert glasses.
- Start by soaking 4 of the cake circles in the maca cold-brew (it will soak it up very quickly) and placing them at the bottom of the dessert glasses.
- Next, blend the coconut cream, cashews, vanilla extract, maple syrup and berries in a high speed blender until you get a smooth consistency.
- Use a spoon or spatula to pour half of the cream into the glasses evenly.
- Add another layer of each the cake circles soaked in REBBL maca cold-brew and the cream.
- Lastly, use a small strainer to top the parfaits with the cacao powder and then top with the strawberry slices.
- Enjoy! If you have any Cold-brew left over, you can enjoy it in a cup with your parfait.
Note: you can absolutely make your own vegan cake crust, but keep in mind that this will significantly increase the prep time. To make your own, simply preheat the oven to 350F and mix 1 cup all-purpose flour (or a gluten-free mix), 1/2 cup brown sugar or a natural sweetener like maple syrup, 1/2 tsp baking soda and 1 pinch sea salt. Then add 1/2 cup non-dairy milk, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 3 tbsp vegetable oil (like coconut oil) and 1/2 tbsp vinegar and mix again. Grease a cake tin with coconut oil and add the mixture evenly. Bake for 30 minutes and use a toothpick to check if the crust is ready. Let the crust cool before preparing the parfaits.
Disclaimer: this post is sponsored by REBBL. All opinions and statements are my own. I only recommend products that I actually use and personally believe in.